Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Well-told story

1. Stories are very important in early childhood because they teach children life lessons. I think the reason that people read stories to children also includes the reason of preoccuping the child. Children can be a handful at times and often require a distraction. At an early age children learn about things in real life and fill in the rest from books to further their learning.

2. I think older people read in order to pass the times or perhaps to remind them of their youthful time. In addition to this older people may read more political articles in order to learn about the world outside of their immediate area. This news is important to them because they ususally have many people that they care and worry about and it tells them if anyone might be in danger or in trouble.

3. Information travels between passes between people around the world through stories and writing. As such it is a major way for the nation to communicate with itself and things like The New York Times Best Seller lists capitalize on that. People in general like to know the low down on everything that is happening especially in our day and age. Issues come up, people learn about them and like to discuss with others in order to feel like they have an influence on topics they may not. More importantly stories share the feeling of the writer and allow other to ponder the ideas.

4. I remember where I was when the World Trade Centers were hit, cutting my lip open while skating, adventuring through the marshes and many many more stories. I remember these because they stand out when next to normal memories. They teach me what to do in life and how to live and more importantly they teach me right from wrong. In stories I hear about or listen to, I try to relate my own life and how it would impact me in an effort to improve myself.

5. a. Deep characters with emotions and morals
b. Interesting timeline with events that provoke thought and emotion
c. An idea or specified theme to centralize the story
d. Conflicts that reflect struggle and bring characters to reality
e. Coherent and understandable
f. Relate in some way to an event in the world
g. Character development

No comments: