Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Entry VI

Well lets see. Today is a free day to write about whatever and what is on my mind right now is how I am going to function when I am at college. I can't wait to be off to college. My parents drive me crazy in a way. They constantly tell me to keep my room clean and other little things like that. I mean my room isn't completely sparkling clean but its definitely not extremely messy. Come on, I should be able to have it a little disoriented; I am a teenager and all. I know my parents don't expect me to be perfect and all but give me a break. I am at the beginning of my life as an individual. I am a caterpillar emerging from the cocoon for the first time to become a butterfly. I can't fly right away; I have to let my wings spread out and bathe in the sun before finally taking off. Children need to experience and learn things themselves to fully grasp concepts instead of the parents just telling them. Well this is at least true for me. One time when I was watching my mom cook, we had a coil stove that was hot. My mom told me not touch the stove while she went to do something because it was hot. Being me I didn't listen to her and, yeah that's right, stuck my finger on the stove. I was in a bit of pain after and started crying but it's a experience that I needed to have. I guess the thing that I'm trying to say is that in college if I don't know how to do something, I'll figure it out in one way or the other.
From my writing you may think that I don't get along with my parents at all. That is not the case, we actually get along rather well but there are just certain things that we completely disagree on. Since I am running out of time I have to finish this post later which means sometime in the next couple days. Until then this is all you get. Hope it was interesting.

No comments: