Monday, November 19, 2007

Kiss Me Burning Box of Fire!!!

If you haven't seen Kiss Me Deadly you are probably wondering why I wrote burning box of fire, on the other hand if you have seen it you know exactly what I am referring to. For those unenlightened by this film I will elaborate on the box. Near the end of the film the character named Gabrielle opens a box that is not supposed to be opened and when she does she starts screaming. At the same time she is lit on fire and continues to open this box that she seems so deadly afraid of. My question is why does she continue to open the box, what person in their right mind would continue to do something that is going to kill them? I guess you could liken it to people that smoke cigarettes. Cigarettes are a clear cause of lung cancer, that is known to be deadly. So why do people smoke cigarettes, no one for sure knows the exact reason people do. As for Gabrielle, I guess I can say the same thing, that no one for sure knows why she opened the box even more instead of shutting it again. Another thing about the movie that I found peculiar was that when the beach house was blowing up at the end of the movie, why were there explosions happening on the sand below the house when the cause for the explosion was clearly the box that was in the upper floor of the house. I didn't exactly enjoy the movie as a whole but it had its humorous parts.

No comments: