Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Double Indemnity

Double Indemnity was a very interesting film that involved romance, cigarettes, and trains. It appeared to be the exact definition of a film noir. They used venetian blinds and low key lighting. Also Walter Neff, the main character, was doomed from the very beginning. We knew what he did at the start of the movie and the rest of the movie told the story of how he came to such a predicament. This was the first film noir that I have watched and I enjoyed it. The suspense of knowing the ending throughout the film intrigued me and made me want to find out what happened next even more. Later in the movie I thought it was a bit odd that Neff would kill Phyllis and bring himself back into his doomed state when he had just been freed of it. This showed that Neff was completely the bad guy that he was made out to be. Watching this film noir made me like the genre and hopefully the other movies we watch will be just as good.

No comments: