Friday, May 16, 2008

May-term, Summer and College

Today is my last day of school because I am doing May term. My May term project is to construct a Tesla Coil and see how it works. For those of you that don't know what a Tesla Coil is, this link will explain it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil. I think it will be very enjoyable and teach me about electronics yet it may be a little dangerous because we will be dealing with high-voltages.
After and during May-term I am working on Current Jam at the high school. I am going to be the video switcher which entails switching the video that is playing on the screen in the background. The video is taken from the four or five camera that are running during the show and a streamed to the projector. I have someone above me that tells me which one to put on and when. I just have to make sure I queue up the right camera and make a smooth transition from one to the other.
This summer I am not doing very much. I will get a job if I can but if I don't it I will probably end up doing a lot of yard work and taking care of my pool. My summer isn't going to be very long as it is have been previous years because I have to leave for college in early August. I'm going to hang out with my friends as much as I can because I won't see much of them once the summer is over.
Next year in college is going to be a life changing experience. I will meet new people from all over the U.S. and I will be living away from home. It's only a six or seven hour drive or an hour plane ride from home but it's still away from home. I don't anticipate it being too difficult of a change and actually am looking forward to it. My sister is living only an hour away so if I need any help I can visit her. In college I plan on studying some kind of engineering possibly chemical engineering or the like. That means I will be taking a ton of math and science courses which is good for me because I enjoy them. Alas that is my plan for the upcoming year and the beginning of the rest of my life. I don't know if I will ever write on this blog again so, so long readers and a happy rest of the life to you.

No comments: