Thursday, October 4, 2007

Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane was a fairly good movie. It was nice to watch in class and it gave me something to think about. I thought it was pretty interesting that at certain points in the movie they used paintings for a particular shot to save money. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is one of the best ever in my book by it but it was still entertaining. To me it seem that the movie was really just about his life and not really about Rosebud at all. There weren't very many references to it in the movie for it to be the point of the movie.

2 comments:

clnferl said...

Rosebud did seem like a cheap ploy. I like how easily you can notice the paintings when pointed out, but not on first watch.
---Colin

Towey said...

Yeah i agree, rosebud seemed just draw on and on throughout the movie, almost just to keep it going. Good eye with your first viewing too.